- This event has passed.
How to Verify and Trust Social Media for Security Operations
March 18 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Social media and open-source intelligence (OSINT) are powering an increasing amount of real-time alerting and decision making in today’s corporate security teams. Despite the growing importance of these real-time signals, many teams aren’t leveraging OSINT, or avoiding misleading information pitfalls, as much as they could be.
Join us for a samdesk-lead practical session and learn how to make sense of OSINT in real-time, build verification processes, and boost your ability to make confident decisions in high-pressure environments.
- Incident verification
- Corroborating an incident location and details with OSINT
- Open-source tools you need on the job
- Spotting misinformation
- And more!
After attending this presentation, you will understand:
- How to assess the validity of a crisis event in real time
- How to spot reliable sources online
- How to use quick searches and lists to get eye-witness accounts
- How to approach content verification – understanding where and when
- How to makes sense of the conversations developing online
- Spotting fake accounts and bots
- Assessing deep fakes, cheap fakes and misinformation
- How to efficiently monitor an ongoing event
- Tips for to organizing a crisis-response team
Completion of this webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit. CPE credits for ASIS-sponsored webinars will be updated in your user profile within 48 hours of completion. Self-reporting of CPE credits is not required.