- This event has passed.
How global events impact us all: using OSINT to get ahead of corporate security challenges in Ukraine
May 19 @ 12:30 pm EDT
As war broke out in Ukraine, teams globally needed to react, pulling out staff and redirecting supply chains. Open source intelligence (OSINT) practices have had a powerful impact on our understanding of the conflict – everything from the safety of evacuation corridors to military advances to infrastructure damage. What can we learn from Ukraine? How can we better respond to crises globally in future?
- How can you tap into existing open sources?
- What in-house resources can help you confidently act on available information?
- How can OSINT help you understand the impact to your organization during a developing complex event – on supply routes, on infrastructure, on your teams and assets?
After attending this presentation, you will understand:
- How to categorize OSINT practitioners
- How to vet individual online accounts
- How to verify content from specific events to help support risk assessments and decisions making during a crisis
Head of Real-Time Coverage
Peadar Grogan, Head of Real-Time Coverage at samdesk, is a respected editor, researcher, and breaking news veteran. Previously at Storyful, his OSINT analysis contributed to the work of leading global news brands and social media platforms.
Customer Success Specialist
Radha Saikia is a Customer Success Specialist at samdesk and an experienced practitioner in client facing roles. Along with her previous role on the samdesk Data Intelligence team, her skill set encompasses a varied spectrum from data analysis and visualization to customer account management. She champions the voice of the customer and is continuously developing samdesk’s customer success strategy.
*Note: Speakers and content are subject to change without notice.
Completion of this webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit. CPE credits for ASIS-sponsored webinars will be updated in your user profile within 48 hours of completion. Self-reporting of CPE credits is not required.
Thursday, May 19, 2022 12:30 pm EDT
Sponsored By: Samdesk