- This event has passed.
A Year in Review: A lookback at top Crisis Events in 2021 through the lens of OSINT
January 13 @ 3:00 pm EST
The world is more interconnected and interdependent than ever, while at the same time increasingly volatile due to pandemics, wildfires, climate change, global power struggles, extreme politics and violent crime. These undercurrents are increasing risk and severely impacting the efficiency, safety and ultimately the bottom line, of nearly every corporation globally.
2021 was a year that brought its challenges. Security professionals and organizations juggled to keep their organizations’ and people safe while navigating a pandemic with no signs of abating. 95% of business leaders reported that their crisis management capabilities needed improvement.* Join us, as samdesk reviews the top crisis events of 2021 through the lens of OSINT resources and information. Leveraging best practices and case studies to dissect data in real-time for effective decision making when it comes to security operations and business continuity.
*PwC Global Crisis Survey 2021
- Top Crisis Events
- US Capitol Hill Riots
- King Sooper Shooting
- Armenia/ Azerbaijan conflict
- Kabul Conflict
- Oxford School Shooting
- And more!
- OSINT overview
- OSINT tools for corroboration
- Social Media as Digital Eyes and Ears
- Real-time response review of top 2021 Crisis Events (i.e. active shooter situation)
- Understanding sources and verification
- Scaling your security team to manage OSINT data
After attending this presentation, you will understand:
- What is OSINT and what role can it play in a crisis?
- How to unpack a crisis alert quickly to understand its impact
- Understand the data sources that support your response
- Finding primary sources and why that matters
- Tools to streamline your crisis management
- How to approach real-time verification using OSINT
- Understanding where and when
- Monitoring developing online conversations
- Quick searches and lists
- Security Operations of the Future
- Understanding the new norm post pandemic and what that means for us today
Joshua En, Real Time Coverage Analyst at samdesk, is an experienced intelligence analyst that manages the quality of data outputs and content (i.e. alerts) to ensure users are receiving timely and relevant information. Truly a subject matter expert on critical events and their impact. Josh also was with the Canadian Arm Forces as an Intelligence Analyst for 4 years.
Josh holds a B.Comm from the University of Alberta.
Radha Saikia, Customer Success Specialist at samdesk, is an experienced practitioner in customer care along with previous role held as Data Intelligence Analyst. Her skill set encompasses a varied spectrum from data intelligence to customer management. She champions the voice of the customer and is always on hand to support and showcase the amazing work of samdesk users.
Radha holds a B.A. from University of Alberta.
*Note: Speakers and content are subject to change without notice.
Thursday, January 13, 2022 3:00 PM EST
Sponsored By: samdesk